I know you’ll agree with me when I say diarrhea is a really uncomfortable and embarrassing issue. And it would look like uncomfortable and embarrassing issues are those that we encounter and experience the most. Lucky for us we could seek the aid of home remedies for diarrhea.
What’s the diarrhea?
This problem is a bowel movement where one passes loose and watery stools. This isn’t contagious and far from severe if this is the only heart issue. Commonly, this can be experienced one to two times in a year and can lasts for a couple of days, 3 days maximum.
This issue alone is fairly easy to treat unless it’s a symptom of an underlying chronic disease in the intestines, which is serious and life-threatening. Such is the case of diabetes or cancer.
What causes it?
This gut problem is caused by a virus which has penetrated in the intestines. This virus causes disease that could persist for around 2 days. This condition may also be known as “stomach flu’.
Sometimes, this may also be a result of the invasion of germs. This occurs when you eat spoiled food. It might also be due to the body’s reaction to certain foods, drugs, allergic reactions, too much use of alcohol and alcoholism abuse.
In more severe cases, this may be a sign of hyperthyroidism, diabetes and cancer. In cases like this, the underlying condition should be treated first before this illness can be cured permanently.
What are the signs?
If this condition stands alone (if it’s not due to more serious diseases), the symptoms include cramps and bloating in the abdominal region, loose stool, watery feces, uncontrollable urge to pass stool, nausea and vomiting.
How do we cure it?
For simple cases of this issue, it may be cured even without drugs. However, as this disease can be embarrassing, it is much better to deal with it as soon as possible to accelerate recovery. There are lots of over-the-counter medicines that can take care of this problem. You should drink a lot of water to replenish the lost liquid when you pass stools.
For a more natural approach to treating this ailment, try these effective home remedies for diarrhea. Most of these methods are used in early days and have been passed down from generation to generation.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of lemon juice together with half a teaspoon of ginger juice and a teaspoon of honey. Drink this mixture after meals to help assist the functions of the digestive tract.
- Combine half a teaspoon of lemon juice with equal amount of ginger juice and a quarter teaspoon of pepper powder. This might help reduce cramps and can soothe the lining of the digestive tract.
- Try using an herbal remedy like basil. Chop 5 leaves of basil and include quarter teaspoon of sea salt and black pepper and it this mix 4 times each day. Do this method in a week and you may feel excellent results.
- Another terrific remedy you can try is grating papaya. Mix 3 cups of water with the grated papaya and boil for up to ten minutes to allow the nourishment of the papaya incorporate from the water. Drink this mixture up.
- Drink the juice of pomegranate or consume the inner liner of the fruit together with salt.