Most coughs are extremely uncomplicated. A simple cough may be brought on by a tickle in the throat, or by coming in contact with someone with a cold. There are, of course, more serious coughs like those due to allergies or smoking. Regardless of the cause, there are things which you can do to help alleviate a cough.
- If you’ve got a cough because of common cold, cough drops are a great remedy for thinning phlegm in addition to soothing the scratchy membranes in the throat. The best ones are the ones which contain eucalyptus, which reduce nasal swelling and decongest your nose.
- For assistance from a dry cough, try soaking seven almond kernels in water immediately. This morning remove the skin from them and grind them well to form a paste. Mix the paste with twenty grams of sugar and butter. Administer orally, once in the morning and once in the evening.
- Drink a lot of water and clean fluids. This can help keep the body hydrated, which will then help alleviate chest congestion which could cause an annoying cough.
- Among the best home remedies for treating a cough is eating grapes. Grapes serve as an expectorant which will help alleviate a simple cold or cough in only few days.
- Raisins are also a fantastic cough remedy. Prepare a sauce by grinding 100 grams of raisins with water. Add approximately 100 g of sugar and heat the mixture. When the mixture reaches a consistency of sauce, it must then be maintained. Twenty grams should be taken before going to bed on a daily basis.
- Drinking a cup of grape juice mixed with a teaspoon of honey can help calm a cough.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of løg juice with one teaspoon of honey. Set aside for a few hours before using. This is an superb homemade cough syrup. Take twice daily or before the cough subsides.
- For a cough that is dry, roast and then powder the root of a garlic plant. The powder should be taken in doses of 3 g twice daily, once in the morning and once in the evening.
- Drink hot tea with lemon and raspberry jam to sooth a cough brought on by a dry, itchy throat. Drinking red raspberry, honeysuckle, or licorice tea with honey is also effective.
- When suffering from a hard dry cough in which it is hard to cough anything up, aniseed is the perfect home remedy since it breaks up mucus. Prepare a tea with aniseed and drink it a few times daily or until you’ve got a productive cough.
- Eat an all fruit diet for two to three days. All drinks should consist of pure fruit juice, unsweetened lemon water, or cold or warm water.
- You can help relieve a cough with vodka or brandy as a chest rub before going to bed.
- Prepare a mix of 8 to 10 tablespoons of coconut milk with 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds and 1 tablespoon of honey. This may be taken each evening before going to bed.
Don’t suffer needlessly with that bothersome cough. There are things which you can do in the comfort of your own home to help alleviate it. They are inexpensive and simple to create and use. If an individual does not work for you, try another one. You’re certain to find a home remedy that works for you.