Mother Nature presents us lots of earthly treasures to live long, healthy lives without pain and disease. Seaweed is Her gift from the sea. This food family provides countless advantages to help the body fight against disease and aging. No real surprise, since our blood has almost the identical composition as seawater. A member of the seaweed family, bladder wrack (kelp), may be utilised in food to decrease inflammation within the body. Below, are a few facts and advantages of bladder wrack. I also discuss three recipes with bladder wrack along with other healthful ingredients, particularly for people of Blood Type O.
Facts about seaweed
- Contains dozens and dozens of minerals and trace elements in living plant tissue
- Food family provides most protection against radiation and environmental pollutants
- Detoxifies the body which makes the seaweed wrapping a favorite spa treatment
- Contains fucoidan, a polysaccharide thought to possess anti-cancer activity.
- Offers a high content of vitamins A and C, potassium, calcium and amino acids
- Has fluorine when in the raw or dried form. Fluorine boosts the body’s defenses and strengthens bones and teeth.
The advantages of Bladder Wrack
- Counters the hyperactivity of the Type O digestive tract, reducing the possibility of ulcers.
- Contains fucose, the fundamental building sugar of the Blood Type O antigen. Fucose protects the intestinal lining of the gut, preventing ulcer causing bacteria from adhering to the intestinal walls.
- Aids in weight management. The fucose regulates the metabolic rate of Type O’s. (Note: Bladder wrack is an effective weight loss aid just for Type O’s.)
- Contains 100-500 times the quantity of iodine in shellfish. Iodine regulates the thyroid gland and is the part of two main thyroid hormones T3 (triiodothyronine) and T4 (thyroxine)
- Contains 4 times the amount of iron in beef
A colorful salad is a excellent way to benefit from the enzymes found in raw food. Bladder wrack consumed raw or dried will deliver the very best type of elements, including fucoidan. This salad is packed with highly beneficial ingredients for Type O diets. The spinach, red onions and parsley all act like medication for most blood type diets. This salad is dressed with olive oil, effective for reducing heart disease and cancer.
- Two tbs of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbs of Oliven oil
- 1/4 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups spinach, rinsed, stems removed
- 1 Red løg, sliced
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Cayenne pepper and Sea Salt Seasoned to taste.
Make dressing: Combine bladder wrack, olive oil, lemon juice, cayenne pepper and sea salt let sit for around 20 minutes.this will permit the pinch textured bladder wrack to soften and become chewable.
Add remaining ingredients into a salad bowl. Add dressing to salad vegetables and toss in dressing until coated well. Top with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Deep-rich red peppers are a superb source of vitamin A and C and the mineral potassium. Vitamin A, a great immune system stimulator, may also counteract the effects of carcinogens in firsthand and secondhand smoke. Red peppers contain beta-cryoptoxanthin, a carotenoid that may diminish the risk of developing lung cancer. The heating spices, cayenne pepper and garlic, soothe the digestive tract.
- 1 1/2 pounds Ground Turkey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Bladder wrack
- 5 Red peppers, halved and seeded.
- 1 Nellike Hvidløg, sliced
- 1 Spanish onion, sliced
- 3 teaspoons Chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 2-3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 water
Heat skillet to medium heat. Add ground turkey and seasonings. Brown turkey over medium-high heat, breaking down turkey into smaller pieces until turkey no longer pink.
Add bladder wrack, soy sauce and water and return to boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes or until liquid is cooked outside.Remove turkey from skillet and set aside. Add more olive oil and onions to hot skillet. Saute onions for around 2 minutes. Add soy sauce and water and cook till onions tender.
Prepare sandwich: Add turkey sausage and sausage to pepper halves. Top with fresh chopped parsley. Serve immediately
For Type O’s, eating beans is discouraged because, generally speaking, they inhibit the metabolism of the vital nutrients found in meat. They also tend to create muscle tissue somewhat less acidic, a problem for Type O’s. However, there are three beans which are highly beneficial to Type O’s to counteract typically substantial levels of stomach acid. Pinto beans, adzuki beans and black eyed peas strengthen the digestive tract and promote healing of ulcerations. This dish of black-eyed peas would be the great occasional side dish for Type O’s when consumed in moderation.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 White onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 pound Black eye peas
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tbsp Bladder wrack
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
In large stockpot, heat olive oil to heat. Add chopped onions and saute onions until they become slightly transparent. Add garlic, and continue to saute for 1-2minutes careful to not burn the garlic.Add water, beans and remaining ingredients.
Bring beans to a boil then reduce to low heat. Simmer until tender, about 2 hours, adding more water to keep beans marginally covered.
I like to make delectable, fermented recipes that also fight disease and age. Seaweed contains so many elements to achieve this. Bladder wrack, located in my neighborhood health food store, is now an important part of my daily diet. I consume it in its raw and dried form as often as possible to make the most of its anti inflammatory properties. I hope that these three recipes can enable you to experience the very same benefits, and the flavor!