Sudden pain from loin to groin sometimes makes people unhappy. The main reason behind many times might be renal calculus or in simpler terms, kidney stones. Though exact genesis of kidney stones is yet to be determined from the scientific community, we know now that they’re the aggregates of small quantities of proteins, glycoproteins, and crystals which have potential to harm kidneys if untreated. In more than 50 percent of cases, the crystals consist of calcium oxalate and in fewer individuals the crystals may contain calcium phosphate, magnesium ammonium phosphate, cystine, and uric acid.
- Mangel an Vitamin A
- Recurrent urinary tract infection
- Excessive sweating
- Prolonged retention of urine
- Immobilization after operation
- Improper calcium metabolism
How to diagnose renal calculus?
Certainly the physicians can diagnose renal calculus clinically from the symptoms depicted in a patient. Off and on dull pain in loin or lumbar area that increases on motion is the usual presenting symptom of renal calculus. However, many patients also present with severe and excruciating pain from loin to groin when the rock becomes lodged in the ureter. Within few minutes individual is unhappy with pain and tosses in bed. Sudden pallor, sweating, and nausea may ensue in some patients. Also hematuria (bloody urine) and dysuria (pain when urinating) may be present. X-ray of pelvic area and/or ultrasonography confirms the identification as well as the urine test depicting red blood cells, casts, and proteins.
The traditional treatment of renal calculus includes endoscpic removal of calculus with the support of a lithotryptor that divides the rock into pieces and eliminates (called endoscopic lithotrypsy). Also analgesics for reducing the pain are given. But homeopathy is proven to substitute physician’s knife in cases of renal calculus. Wide ranges of medications are there in Homeopathy which need to be implemented individually depending upon individual’s signs and symptoms and renal pathology.
- Relief from pain
- Fragmentation of rock
- Expulsion of those fragments through urine
- Putting an end to the tendency to form recurrent kidney stones
The inherent tendencies in human beings when becoming disturbed, this kind of horrible problems crop up. The homeopathic medications help restore the stability. That’s the reason the inherent drugs given considering the physical, mental, and emotional tendencies of patients help prevent recurrences of any disorder in homeopathy. The medications like Lycopodium, Berberis vulgaris, Sarsaparille, Cantharis, Calcarea carb, Pariera brava, Occimum can, Hydrangia, Thuja etc are a few of the best selected medicines for renal calculus.
Auxiliary Line of Treatment
The individual should be advised certain precautions to lessen the suffering quicker and prevent recurrence-
- Drinking at least 10 glasses of water is must daily. In our clinical practice, we observe that people those drink less water as a rule are more susceptible to getting kidney stones.
- When there are calcium oxalate stones, an individual needs to minimize consumption of spinach, radish, tomatoes, mushrooms, surplus tea and coffee, cheese, legumes, etc., once the balance is established, individual can be permitted to consume these stuffs in moderation.
- Avoid being over-weight. Reduction in additional pounds helps reduce inclination to acquire renal calculus. So drink enough water and exercise regularly for maximum advantage!