It appears that asthma sufferers lack specific chemical and allergic defence representatives which often protect the bronchi from bothersome trigger factors that cause an asthma attack. Asthma may start at any age, and if failed may recur and become chronic.
It appears that asthma sufferers lack specific chemical and allergic defence representatives which often protect the bronchi from bothersome trigger factors that cause an asthma attack. Asthma is often, but not always associated with a family history of allergies. Therefore, allergies might be a frequent cause. Infections of the sinus or bronchial tubes may also be important factors. Asthma patients are adversely affected by these’non specific’ factors as air pollutants, cold air, cigarette smoke and fumes. Stress, emotion, exercise, low blood sugar, laughing and temperature fluctuations may also precipitate an attack.
Asthma may begin at any age
If failed it will recur and become chronic. An asthmatic will have excessively reactive smooth muscle in the bronchial tract leading to muscle constriction, mucus secretion and swelling of the lining of the air passages. These indicators are inflammatory responses to certain stimuli. Natural medicine centers around reducing the causes of the inflammatory cascade, thus decreasing the signs and responsiveness to these mediators.
It is promoted as the answer for medication free asthma control. It will help you with your breathing problems and lower your use of medication in three ways:
- Teach you to monitor your condition correctly, e.g. if to improve your medicine, call an ambulance or just do some breathing exercises.
- Provide you with a natural and effective way of overcoming attacks.
- Teach you special exercises which will lower the frequency of strikes.
You will learn to develop and exercise the Buteyko breathing exercises, the sound understanding about the mechanisms of asthma and how your medication actually works.
You can also leran how to accommodate the various techniques to be able to increase daily tasks and/or sporting performance, how stressors like environment, allergies and causes cause or aggravate asthma and what you can do about them.
Nutritional and herbal support
- Vitamin C, Quercetin and Bromelain – Act as anti-inflammatories and antioxidant nutrients which reduce histamine release.
- A fantastic B Complex is also essential for overall well being. Many asthmatics have low Vitamin B6 levels and Vitamin B3 acts as a muscle relaxant and reduces bronchial hyperactivity.
- Fish oil – supplies powerful anti-inflammatory mediators necessary for asthmatic management, and in reducing the frequency of asthma attacks.
- The herbs Ginkgo Biloba, Lobelia, Mullein and Ephedra Tea are bronchial dilators and inflammatory inhibitors. Combines Bosnien und Herzegowina a natural anti inflamatory, perilla a respiratory tonic & histadine a natural anti histamine.
- Magnesium – Magnesium acts as a muscle relaxant and reduces bronchial hyperactivity. Lowered magnesium levels increase the probability of bronchospasm, thus increasing the probability of another Asthma attack. Magnesium is particularly vital for many asthmatics using blue inhalers, because these drugs reduce magnesium levels.
Facts about Asthma
- Be conscious of any allergies which might aggravate the symptoms. Common chemical sensitivities include tartrazine, menthol, erythrosine, sulphites, MSG, egg whites, shellfish, salicylates and berries.
- Eat fresh fruit, vegetables and wholegrain with loads of fish.
- Digestive impairment is common in asthmatics. It’s been noted that approximately 80 percent of kids with asthma have been hydrochloric acid reflux. This is mostly because of cows milk allergy which may irritate the gastrointestinal mucosa and cause HCL deficiency.
- Avoid drinking cold drinks.
- If exercise is considered, ensure a decent warm-up, in a environment that’s non irritant. Interval exercises as opposed to continuing endurance exercises should be carried out. Take 2gm of Vitamin C prior to exercise.
- Keep the ambient temperature in the bedroom at a comfortable level of heat to attempt to protect against airway cooling during the night. Avoid broad open windows in winter as warm humid conditions have been clearly demonstrated to reduce asthma triggered by airway cooling. A dehumidifier is an superb investment & definitely warms the atmosphere.