Let’s face it, dieting isn’t going to be a simple ride and it’s definitely going to be something that most of us will struggle with at some stage during our lives. Most of my customers that come in to see me, have followed the identical endless pattern of yo-yo dieting in which they slowly gain weight, diet for a month or so, lose a little bit of weight. . .maybe plenty of weight, then stop the diet and return to their regular way of eating and after that, of course, the inevitable happens; they put it back on again! And so this cycle will most likely go on a few more cycles until they give up entirely and surrender to a life of over indulgence and being over weight.
The matter is, as I always explain to my customers, if you will need to go on a diet then clearly you are doing something wrong in the first place, and thus, rather than dieting, what you really have to be doing is re-educating yourself and taking control of what you eat. As most of us know, diets do not work long term; what they do is offer you a brief term strategy to weight loss, but lacking the instruction and support during this process you are not really learning about where you’re going wrong in the first place and how you can change this so as to keep yourself in a healthy weight for life.
So, rather then jumping onto the diet , perhaps you ought to have a real think about if you need a fast, short term fix, or, a long term solution with enhanced health and gained knowledge which you can then pass onto your loved ones to ensure they don’t follow in your footsteps.
Änderungen im Lebensstil
During my time working as a Nutritional Therapist I have discovered a running theme. This is that people generally do not wish to take responsibility for their health and what they consume. Instead they appear to be on a continuous mission to get some sort of quick fix or magic potion that’s going to make them lose weight without needing to make any changes to their lives. Well I’m sorry to say it, but this is reallyn’t going to happen any time soon and certainly is not the perfect mindset to continued weight loss. This said, there are a couple of tricks which have been sneakily taken in the modeling industry which you may use, which over time can allow you to maintain a healthy weight or lose a few pounds without needing to diet.
- Stabilize your blood sugar levels and prevent cravings and fat storage. When you eat any type of refined sugar or carbohydrate, you get an immediate sugar hit. This causes your body to release Insulin that then carries the sugar from the blood and into storage as fat. This may be avoided by eating complex carbohydrates that break down slowly, giving a constant sugar discharge to the blood. This means that you don’t get a massive surge of Insulin and therefore the sugar is not removed to be stored as fat. Refined carbohydrates, such as white bread, pasta and rice should be exchanged for wholemeal brown kinds and sugar should not be added to foods or beverages.
- Boost your metabolism to enhance fat burning. A poor diet, together with lack of action and muscle mass, can be a surefire method to a slow metabolism and if your metabolism is sluggish, you are likely to gain weight more easily then you need to. A slow metabolism is not by any means a justification for weight gain… believe me, I hear this a lot! Unless you’ve been diagnosed with hypothyroidism, a slow metabolism is a product of you not being busy enough rather than eating at the perfect times. But luckily it’s also something which could easily be put right.
- By increasing your metabolism you’ll also increase your basal metabolic rate, that’s the quantity of energy your body uses in the rest. This means that if you boost your own metabolisms then you burn more calories when doing absolutely nothing. This may be done, firstly, by doing some exercise, even if it’s just half an hour walking every day. This will improve muscle tone that will help to gradually raise your metabolism. The second way which you could do this is by adding certain foods in your diet. These foods are; green tea, chilli, cayenne pepper, black pepper, turmeric, ginger and jalapenos. So, consider incorporating them into your diet, together with a great deal of water in between meals, and give your metabolism the kick start it needs!
- Fill up on calorie burning foods. There are certain foods that are thought to need more energy for the body to break them down afterward are actually in them. These foods are believed to really help you burn off calories as you eat them and so can be quite useful in weight loss. These should constitute part of your daily meals and can be consumed in massive servings. These foods include; apples, cranberries, grapefruit, lemons, oranges, raspberries, strawberries, tangerines, asparagus, beets, broccoli, cabbage, turnip, carrot, cauliflower, celery, chilli peppers, cucumber, water cress, garlic, green beans, lettuce, Zwiebel and radishes. So tuck in and eat as much as you like! You do not need to go hungry with these foods around!
- Bring the milk! Many men and women are under the belief that you ought to cut out all milk to get rid of weight. Although this does have some logic behind itbeing high in fat and calories, it has in fact been shown to accelerate weight loss when eating two servings a day of organic yogurt or semi skimmed milk. So try incorporating some as your snacks in between meals. Having a small glass of warm milk before bed is a excellent way to finish the day. Along with providing you with a slow releasing sugar during the night (keeping your glucose levels stable) and assisting weight loss, it also aids sleep by increasing melatonin levels, which is the human body’s natural sleep hormone.