To create your own essential oil skin care recipes is rather simple….if you understand a few basic concepts. Before you begin your own essential oil skin care treatment the main thing to know about is the unique skin type.
You should base your essential oil recipes one of four skin profiles; normal or combination skin; dry or mature skin; sensitive skin; oily or problem skin.
I’ve listed below the most effective essential oils to use with each skin type combined with 4 easy strategies you can use today to apply these treatments.
Using essential oils as the foundation for herbal remedies isn’t a new idea. Did you know essential oils are used by a number of indigenous populations throughout the world for centuries?
They are derived from roots, seeds, leaves, and barks of the plants. In actuality, the essential oils contained inside plants and flowers is what gives them the aromas and scents which we all know and love.
What makes essential oils such a excellent alternative to toxic synthetic oils used in most mainstream cosmetic and skincare products? Simple, essential oils contain hormones, vitamins, and other organic elements are located within essential oils. Despite the fact that the oils change in concentration when in their natural form they’re nevertheless are therapeutic in nature.
Nobody knows precisely how essential oils work, but we do understand they are absorbed through the skin and into the blood.
The best areas on the skin to administer essential oils are on the face, behind the ears, the eyelids, and within the wrist. These areas on the skin are thin, allowing for easier absorption.
To create your own essential oil recipes operate effectively you first must understand what skin profile you have. Here are the four significant skin profiles and the critical oils appropriate for this particular skin type.
Know Your Skin Type
Normal or Combination SkinCare
If you have normal or combination skin create your own essential oil skin care recipes using these oils:
- Ringelblume Essential Oil – soothes, heals and soothes
- Kamille Essential Oil- anti microbial, calms and soothes
- Marshmallow – softens, revitalizes and hydrates
- Olive Leaf – fixes, tones, firms and anti-oxidant
- St. Johns Wort – moisturizes, refreshes, tones
- Lavendel Essential Oil – soothes, relaxes and regenerates
- Hagebutte Seed – regenerates, moisturizes and heals
If you have sensitive skin make your own essential oil treatment with these oils:
- Chamomile Essential Oil – anti-microbial, calms, soothes
- St. Johns Wort – moisturizes, astringent, refreshes,
- Witch hazel – drains, astringent, anti-free radical
- Karotte Seed – regenerates, tones and heals
- Deutsche Kamille – antibacterial and wound-healing
Oily or Problem Skin
If you have oily or problem skin create your own essential oil recipes using these vital oils.
- Echinacea – purifies, stimulates, calms
- Wegerich – astringent, soothing and healing
- Witch hazel – drains, astringent, anti-free radical,
- Teebaum – astringent, modulates and repairs
- Zitronenmyrte – astringent, anti-bacterial and fixes
- Jojoba – nourishes, moisturizes, anti-free radical
Dry or Mature SkinCare
If you have dry or mature skin create your own essential oil recipes using these oils:
- Gotu Kola – anti-wrinkle, anti-aging, heals
- Organisch Hopfen – stimulates, tones, dark circles treatment
- Nessel – flow enhancer, anti-inflammatory
- Geranie Essential Oil – tones, softens, soothes, balances
- Rose Essential Oil – anti-wrinkle, regenerates
- Avocado – moisturizes, nourishes
- Rose hip Seed Oil – regenerates, moisturizes, heals
4 Simple Strategies For Essential Oil Skin Care
When You create your own essential oil recipes here are some simple tips for skincare that you can use:
- Make your own essential oil facial compress: Add two to five drops of essential oil into a basin full of water, stir, then immerse a fresh washcloth. Squeeze out excess water and use fabric to confront.
- Massage your body with essential oil. Add twenty to twenty five drops of essential oil to 2 ounces of canola or other vegetable.
- Drop eight to ten drops of essential oil to your skin profile at the bath. Use warm water to relax, or warm water to invigorate or calm inflammation.
- Add essential oil to easy cleansing products, ten to twenty drops for each 2 ounces.