Many hunting the net are asking,”What does psoriasis look like and do I have it?” To start with, this skin condition affects your skin by inducing thick red, silvery leaves and flaky skin patches to form inducing sensitive skin. Sometimes pus-filled blisters form. Most of the time, the skin around the elbows and knees is influenced, but a rash may occur anywhere on the body, including the scalp, fingernails and mouth, and also the skin over the joints. It is possible to keep a daily journal of the status of your skin and what symptoms form so as to find out if you’ve got the beginnings of psoriasis.
What causes Psoriasis?
Many individuals wonder exactly what causes psoriasis. As frustrating as it can be, nobody knows exactly what causes it. It’s not due to something you ate or something you are allergic to. The reason your skin becomes red and thick is the skin cells are growing quicker than usual. Due to their rapid development, there is not enough time for the cells to lose (drop off). Because of this, the cells pile up on top of one another, making thick, scaly patches on skin.
In mild cases, a few areas are affected; in acute cases, it may be within your entire body. It can get worse or better at any given time however a suitable psoriasis treatment can bring amazing relief to you or a loved one.
It is contagious?
Men, women, children and people of all races can get it, but it isn’t contagious therefore, you can not catch it from someone else or give it to someone by touching them, and you can not spread it to other parts of your body. Simply, everyone can get this disease. Know the disorder sometimes runs in families. If unsure, check with those in your extended family tree.
There are a number of things which makes this skin problem worse. They would include stress and infections in addition to some medications. These medications include certain high blood pressure medications, such as beta blockers and angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors, in addition to pain relievers such as some non-steroidal anti inflammatory drugs.
Now that we have covered some basic info, let us discuss what psoriasis treatments are best.
- One free remedy is simply being in sunlight. Sunlight will help some, but be careful not to over do it. A sunburn can make your problem worse.
- The upcoming helpful suggestions for your psoriasis treatment would be to add nutritional herbal supplements in addition to omega 3 oils into your diet. Countless studies reveal that increasing the usage of herbs and omega-3 oils enhances conditions of psoriasis, eczema in addition to other kinds of dry, coarse, red and scaly patches of skin aided by so many.
- Wash with a specially formulated mild “non-soap” cleaner, which contains only herbal ingredients which are organically grown and hypo-allergenic.
- Vitamin-derived antioxidants from plant sourced ingredients not just make the best ingredients to your “inside”, but to your “outside” as well. A pure and gentle cleanser will be just perfect.
- The final, but extremely important psoriasis remedy is to employ a therapeutic moisturizer that’s hypo-allergenic. Unfortunately, it’s difficult at best to locate something that can effectively moisturize and repair the skin if you don’t know what to search for.
I advise my clients to become a “tag reader” as this is critically important. Choose only a specially formulated therapeutic body lotion for the much thicker patches psoriasis frequently forms. It should be a really thick cream with a very rich emollient level. It should also include the vitamins C, E and A along with soothing Chamomille, Consoude et Calendula Herbal Extracts and Shea Butter.
These prime components have a great therapeutic effect on skin and healing restoration. For those who have psoriasis on the scalp, face or chest, select specially formulated products for those areas also.
The #1 most important factor about a natural healing skin cream is that it has the capacity to penetrate not just the thick scales of your psoriasis, but also permeate the 7 layers of skin. This is imperative to getting”down deep” relief and solve.
The ingredient urea provides this important attribute. The dry scales ought to improve almost immediately once you start your psoriasis therapy with the ideal products. For some, it might take several days to several weeks to the affected areas of the skin to go back to a more normal depth.
As an important note, you need to be diligent and consistent. Your psoriasis will improve because the body reacts to natural, plant based treatments quite well.