High blood pressure or hypertension is the condition when the blood circulation in the veins and arteries is forced under a higher pressure than normal. This can happen as a result of weakness of the heart or on account of the buildup of cholesterol in the coronary arteries, which can lower their lumen.
De nos jours,
Today, most people in the world suffer from hypertension, though it’s not always fatal. Proper medicine and a positive lifestyle can cause people with higher blood pressures lead a happy and long life. However, neglect can cause severe deadly problems like myocardial infarctions (heart attacks).
High blood pressure is called Rakta Gata vata in Ayurveda. It can be caused as a result of vitiation of any of the three doshas, although the participation of the vata dosha may be more, since it is responsible for the blood circulation. These are the primary precipitating factors for Individuals with Various doshas:
- Vata type of Hypertension – This is brought on by extreme emotions like stress, anxiety and stress.
- Pitta type of Hypertension – This is due to negative emotions like hatred, jealousy and feeling of revenge.
- Kapha type of Hypertension – This is due to issues with the digestive tract.
Alfalfa (Medicago satina)
Alfalfa comprises several elements that are necessary from the softening of the hard arteries. This reduces the tension in the arteries and helps to treat hypertension.
Bloodwort (Achillea millefolium)
Bloodwort is a sweat-inducing herb. It makes the blood circulation to the skin for expelling the perspiration. As a result of this free motion of the blood, the high blood pressure is decreased. Bloodword comprises an alkaloid that’s effective in reducing high blood pressure.
Garlic (Allium sativum)
Garlic is an antispasmodic agent. Hence it reduces the pressure in the arteries caused due to the pumping activity of the heart through blood flow. Garlic generates a rhythm in the pumping of the heart, which alleviates the pulse. Other high blood pressure problems like dizziness, shortness of breath and indigestion may also be cared for by garlic. Garlic is widely thought of as the best remedy for high blood pressure.
Jaundice Berry (Berberis vulgaris)
Jaundice berry is another very effective remedy in treating high blood pressure. It alleviates the pressure in the arteries by making them sag. Thus the blood circulation in them is eased.
Parsley (Petroselinum crispum)
Parsley is like a track of the blood vessels. It regulates the flow of blood in them and keeps easy circulation. It looks after the whole arterial system. Hence it’s a really beneficial herb for those who have high blood pressure.
Rauwolfia (Rauwolfia serpentina)
The effects of rauwolfia on the veins and arteries of the body have been investigated in detail, and also immensely positive results are obtained. Rauwolfia includes a treasure-trove of alkaloids for relieving the arteries, synchronizing the blood circulation in them, reducing palpitation and even removing the cholesterol buildup in the arteries. Hence, practitioners of all kinds of medicine acknowledge the effects of rauwolfia. In Ayurveda particularly, the origin of the rauwolfia is prescribed for hypertension sufferers. The Ayurvedic name for rauwolfia is sarpagandha.
A strict dietary regimen is very important to get early treatment from high blood pressure. These points must be obeyed:-
- Salt should be reduced or completely eliminated from the diet. Hot and spicy foods should also be avoided.
- Rather than hydrogenated fats, polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats have to be used. These include oils of sesame, olive, flaxseed, mustard and groundnut. Ghee and butter produced from cow’s milk are beneficial. Buffalo milk ought to be avoided.
- Indigestion should be cared for by consuming a fantastic quantity of leafy vegetables containing fiber.
- Bitter gourd and drumsticks are advantageous veggies for individuals suffering from high blood pressure. Colocasia has to be prevented, but yellow pumpkin can help in reducing blood pressure.
- Among fruits, bananas, oranges, guavas and apples are great. All sorts of dry fruits and nuts are great.
- Sweets and chocolates have to be avoided.
- Red meats have to be avoided. But white meats, particularly fish are beneficial in lowering blood pressure.
Sarpagandha is the drug of choice in high blood pressure. Not only is this medication used in Ayurvedic medicine, but it’s also utilized in allopathic medicine in treating high blood pressure. Moreover, the following herbal preparations are prescribed based on the doshic cause of high blood pressure-
- For Vataja High Blood Pressure, jatamansi and brahmi are prescribed.
- For Pittaja High Blood Pressure, sarsarapilla and sandalwood are prescribed.
- For Kaphaja High Blood Pressure, calamus, arjuna, shilajit, guggulu and berberis are prescribed.
Remèdes à domicile
- Have a spoonful of lemon juice mixed with honey daily.
- Oranges are extremely beneficial in high blood pressure. Have a juice of a few oranges daily.
- Prepare a powdered combination of cumin seeds, fennel seeds and sugar. Take 1 spoonful of the mixture in water each morning and evening.