Allergies generally are described as hypersensitivity to a foreign particle or another. Different individuals have different sorts of tolerances for overseas bodies. When some people can’t adjust with specific elements in their environment, they might suffer from specific skin conditions which are generally called skin allergies.
There’s a sure means of determining whether your skin condition is an allergy or not. For those who have a skin problem because of cause that has affected nobody else, then it’s an allergic reaction. For instance, several people might be exposed to dust. But if it affects you in a powerful manner, then you’re allergic to dust.
Skin allergies might be in the kind of itching, dry and scaly skin, eruptions, rashes, boils, etc.. There are three primary types of problems which are related to skin allergies. These types are as follows:
- Dermatitis – This is the skin allergy that’s caused due to contact with a few substances. It’s shown as an inflammation.
- Hives – Hives is a fluid accumulation in the skin that shows up as a swelling. This is a temporary condition and heals with treatment. Hives are also called urticaria.
- Prickly Heat – This is a red rash that occurs on the body. Prickly heat is usually caused because of excessive sweating due to hot and humid climates.
All skin problems are vata dosha ailments. Vata dosha controls the air part of the human body. Hence, once the vata dosha is vitiated, there are skin reactions. In various people, there are various levels of the vata dosha. In some individuals, the vata could be feeble and get easily vitiated because of external factors. Such folks are more specific to skin allergies than others.
In this guide, we see how to treat various skin allergies having an Ayurvedic viewpoint. Useful Herbs in the Treatment of Skin Allergies:
Cassia (Cassia fistula)
Cassia can be used effectively in the treatment of many irritations on the skin caused because of allergies. A paste of the cassia leaves may be applied on the skin in the event of inflammation of the feet and hands caused because of intense cold, and also swellings caused because of accumulation of fluids under the skin, as in hives.
Henna (Lawsonia inermis)
Henna is an outstanding remedy for many skin allergies. It may be utilised in case of hives, swellings, boils and other sorts of inflammation. Applying henna on the skin cools the skin and eliminates the symptom of this allergy.
Holy Basil (Ocimum sanctum)
The sacred basil is venerated in Indian tradition as the tulsi. It’s an almost maternal status for the Hindus. This plant is venerated for its medicinal properties. Among the other benefits, tulsi can be used for healing skin issues. In the event of itches and rashes, the juice of the tulsi leaves is applied on the skin. This is a really speedy treatment for allergic skin issues.
Madhuca (Madhuca indica)
Madhuca is used as a remedy for skin itch issues. The leaves are made into a paste and applied onto the skin in skin infections due to allergies.
Rauwolfia (Rauwolfia serpentina)
Rauwolfia is referred to as sarpagandha in Ayurveda. It’s a really good remedy for skin issues. In case of hives, the juice of its leaves is implemented on the swollen parts to decrease itching. Relief is virtually immediate.
Sandalwood (Santalum alba)
Sandalwood is a standard remedy for all types of itch problems on the skin. It’s made into a paste and applied on the skin. It smoothes the skin and prevents it from allergies. Itches are instantly resolved by employing sandalwood paste on the skin. Permanent relief can be obtained by maintaining the paste smeared on the skin for half an hour before washing it off. Sandalwood oil is also utilized in treating diseases like erysipelas (an eruptive allergic skin disorder ) and prurigo (an itchy skin eruption).
You have to take a good deal of water to avoid all sorts of skin allergies. These include fresh fruits and vegetables which have high water content within them. In summer time, take cooling drinks like lemon juices and sherbets.
Don’t consume sour foods when you have skin allergies issues often. This can vitiate the vata dosha further.
Remèdes à domicile
- Consider 30 milliliters of the juice of the leaves of wood apple (Feronia limonida) and combine a few cumin powder in it. Take this two daily. This is a really good remedy for urticaria or hives.
- Extract the juice of this jambula (Indian Prune) and combine some pop in it. Apply this in case of prickly heat.
- In warm seasons, drink a glass of lemon juice twice daily. This will supplement the vitamin C content of the body lost because of perspiration and will prevent the outburst of prickly heat.
- Chomping on sugarcane many times in the hot season is also a very good way of preventing prickly heat.
- If the area on the skin is extremely itchy, then mash a papaya and spread the paste of the papaya on it. This will reduce the itching and make the skin healthier.