I know from experience that once I start convulsive coughing, I’m really headed for trouble. It’s taken me months to get over bronchitis before, so I take each cough for a sign to act fast with my essential oils and oil-based nutritional supplements.
Why is coughing such a serious issue?
- it may do severe and permanent damage to my lungs, bronchioles and vocal chords;
- it creates a good deal of chronic inflammation, irritation, and free radicals within my body, which take their toll on my health over an elongated time period.
Not only can bronchitis escalate into something more serious like pneumonia, but it might leave me weak, tired, and vulnerable to more serious degenerative disease over time. Bronchitis isn’t a temporary thing which ends if the coughing stops as well as the antibiotic prescription runs out. It has to be healed immediately, deeply and completely. For me that will take a minimum of 10 days after all symptoms have stopped.
Que faire ?
- I keep the steam treatments I began at the first sign of a cold, both in warm healing baths daily with essential oils and Epsom salts and also steamy showers using an essential oil diffuser at exactly the exact same room for around 20 minutes every morning before I leave for work.
- If I start to cough at work, I’ve discovered a suitable mug of warm aromatic water will immediately calm my coughing. I fill a thermos of warm tap water and place in a fall of Menthe verte ou Basil oil. These anti inflammatory oils are soothing and flavorful.
- When I’ve had bronchitis, it has been common for me to begin a convulsive coughing spell soon after I lie down for the evening. When I was a kid my mom would slather on Vicks VapoRub and place a cold wash cloth over my thymus area (just below where my collar bones combine ). Now I use diluted Menthe poivrée oil on the region together with the cold washcloth and cover it with a dry towel. It prevents the coughing by cooling the inflamed bronchioles that encircle and activate the coughing. If I find the fabric heats up along with the coughing starts up again until I can go to sleep, I just wave the moist washcloth from the air to cool it and then use it .
These are by no means the only things I do when I catch a cold. I take a large number of Vitamin D3 for 3 times. I ingest a good deal of essential oil capsules within a period of nearly a month. I’ve oils in all of my drinking water and several recipes. I use a cold-air essential oil diffuser at least two times a day. I do what is known as the “lick trick” with essential oils to aid with sore throat ailments, and I keep my sinuses clear no matter what. For me personally, the sinuses are where the disease starts, and when I could get that cleared up quickly and keep it clear through any other symptoms, I could avoid ear infections, sinus headaches, and lots of other symptoms typically associated with a cold.
I also apply a whole lot of oils , especially after my shower and tub while my skin is moist and the oils are easily absorbed.