This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014)
Acetosella vulgaris (W.D.J. Koch) Fourr.
Rumex acetosella, commonly known as red sorrel, sheep's sorrel, field sorrel and sour weed, is a species of flowering plant in the buckwheat family Polygonaceae. Native to Eurasia and the British Isles, the plant and its subspecies are common perennial weeds. It has green arrowhead-shaped leaves and red-tinted deeply ridged stems, and it sprouts from an aggressive and spreading rhizome. The flowers emerge from a tall, upright stem. Female flowers are maroon in color.
sheep sorrel (uncountable)
- Rumex acetosella, a species of sorrel.
- (Rumex acetosella): red sorrel, sour weed, field sorrel
- Lycaena phlaeas (common copper (butterfly))
- sheep sorrel on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Rumex acetosella on Wikispecies.Wikispecies
- Rumex acetosella on Wikimedia Commons.Wikimedia Commons