Looking for an acne remedy? Allow me to give a short on what it is and which kind of acne you have.
What is Acne?
Acne is caused when the pores or follicles of skin become blocked. When the follicle becomes blocked, natural oils that would normally drain through the pores get blocked under your skin and bacteria can start to grow.
Two types of acne:
- Non-inflammatory – Non-inflamed skin blemishes called whiteheads and blackheads. Whiteheads may appear on your skin as small white spots and happen when the trapped oils and germs stay beneath the skin’s surface. Blackheads look as small black spots and happen when the trapped bacteria and oils are turned black from the skin’s pigments.
- Inflammatory – this occurs when the follicle wall ruptures causing the area to become inflamed. The first phase of inflammatory acne is the papule stage – if the follicle break occurs, this causes white blood cells to hurry in causing the pore to become inflamed. The next stage of inflammatory acne happens when the white blood cells reach the surface of the skin.
A doctor can cure acne or it can be treated naturally. There are lots of over-the-counter acne treatments and in severe cases, your doctor may prescribe medications. Be sure to discuss with your doctor any side effects or interaction dangers with other foods or drugs. There are natural acne remedies as well which have been demonstrated to help reduce the onset of acne symptoms.
Some natural acne remedies
- Diet – a nutritious diet that includes whole, unprocessed foods like fresh fruits and vegetables, and foods which contain Omega-3 fatty acids. You should avoid processed and packaged foods, foods that contain trans fats, and foods that are fried.
- Vitamin A – helps reduce overproduction of oils that could block the follicles.
- Zinc – helps heal skin blemishes and helps reduce inflammation of the skin.
- Vitamin B6 – helps reduce sensitivity of the skin into the effects of testosterone and helps reduce outbreaks of acne during the menstrual cycle.
- Tea tree oil helps to reduce inflammation and germs during acne outbreaks.
- Massage – massaging the skin will help to boost circulation and can stop the blocking of follicles, or pores.
- Baking Soda – can be used to exfoliate your skin and helps to neutralize acid content.
- L'onagre – a natural remedy for inflammation and pain.
- Aloe Vera – helps reduce scars and improve overall skin condition. Aloe Vera is a Fantastic acne remedy
- Carotte Juice – helps with digestion to avoid acne.
- Concombre Juice – helps to purify the blood and circulatory system.
- Egg whites – reduces swelling due to inflammation.
- Molkosan – this comes from whey products and assists with digestion and helps to regulate metabolism.
- Neem oil – oils from this tree have antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral properties which help heal skin lesions.
- Oatmeal – helps draw impurities and oil from skin.
- Sugar – has antibacterial properties to help cleanse the skin.
- Oregon grape – functions as an antibiotic and will help stimulate the immune system.
- Folic Acid – helps reduce outbreaks which occur at the start of the menstrual cycle.
- Vitamin C – helps boost the immune system.
Like many diseases and disorders, the secret to preventing the outbreak of acne is to live a healthy lifestyle that includes a nutritious diet and regular exercise. A wholesome diet provides your body with the nutrients necessary to have healthy skin. A routine exercise routing helps to keep your blood flowing properly and helps to keep your skin hydrated. You need to learn which foods are more prone to cause acne outbreaks and prevent these foods.
Acne may be caused by natural hormonal changes within the body caused by the menstrual cycle. Eating a nutritious diet and exercising regularly will help your body cope with these organic changes better and reduce the possibility of an acne outbreak. It’s important to keep your skin clean and free of germs that can lead to inflammation during acne outbreaks. Living a healthy lifestyle will reduce your risks of acne outbreaks and can enable you to fight the outbreaks should they happen.