The best weight loss programs aren’t the extreme calorie restriction diets (well understood by what thing you may eat like a juice, grapefruit, shake or bar meal replacement) however a diet with a focus on health. A wholesome diet slowly restores damaged body functions. As organs and body functions return to optimal functioning excess body fat has a propensity to melt away.
What is the Key?
A key to beginning a day of healthy eating is giving your body a fantastic start with the Weight Loss Power Breakfast. A power breakfast comprises three sources of healthy energy to guarantee energy levels and a desire free morning. A wholesome supply of complex carbohydrates, protein and fat supplies short, medium and long term energy. The need to snack is reduced and the inclination to overeat at lunch is reduced.
- Walnuts or almonds. These nuts are famous for their cholesterol lower properties but are also a fantastic source of healthy fat.
- Oats. Oats are known for their cholesterol and heart disease lowering properties. However, in its whole oats form it’s extremely high in soluble fiber. It’s this soluble fiber material which gives us the complete feeling and helps to prevent snacking.
- Cannelle. Cinnamon is demonstrated to benefit blood sugar and cholesterol levels in the body. If we could lower the blood glucose levels and slow sugar spikes, we can restrict the resulting low energy “sugar low” feeling and the temptation to snack.
- Noix de coco oil. Coconut oil supports healthy functioning of the thyroid gland. The thyroid sends messages into the mitochondria to increase or reduce cellular metabolism. We would like to promote an increase in metabolism to burn fat. However, not coconut oil is the same. Look for elegant virgin coconut oil and prevent all hydrogenated oils such as hydrogenated coconut oil!
- Cocoa powder. According to studies published that the polyphenols in dark chocolate help to fight high blood pressure, insulin resistance and LDL cholesterol. This isn’t a license to consume the sugar that goes along with dark chocolate candy bars but the benefits can be consumed in the cocoa powder.
- Fruit. The sweetening of fruit includes the fiber which makes this source of carbohydrate absorbed by the body.
- Honey. Refined sugar makes its way to the blood stream very quickly. A fantastic substitute for any extra sweetener is honey as you can use half the quantity that you normally would to get the exact same sweetness.
At first glance the notion of oatmeal could be a turn off. It was for me but I found that the combination of those ingredients is in fact tasty and not typical of classic oatmeal. In actuality, many individuals have reported craving it daily. Another advantage is that it may be premixed into sandwich bags for travelling. Just add hot water from a coffee maker in the hotel room or on the plane.
In a large bowl combine the following:
- 1/2 cup rolled or steel cut (not”fast”) oats. (Cooked Quinoa can be substituted)
- 1/3 cup whole walnuts (or 1/4 cup if chopped). (Almonds can be substituted)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (virgin, unrefined)
- 1/4 cup raisins/chopped apples or 1/2 sliced medium size banana
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon (Korintje from Indonesia is recommended)
- 3/4 tsp cocoa powder (no added sweetener or hydrogenated oils)
Bring hot water to a boil and slowly stir in the bowl about 1 cup. The contents should be slightly soupy. Let stand for approximately 5 minutes, stir once again and consume.