Categories: Amazon Rainforest Medicine, Ayurvedic Medicine, Food, Medicinal Plant, Oil, Powder, Tea, Tincture
« Back to Glossary Index
Borrowed from Spanish achiote, from Classical Nahuatl āchiyōtl.
- (US) IPA(key): /ˌɑtʃiːˈoʊti/, /ˌɑkiːˈoʊti/
achiote (plural achiotes)
- A tropical American evergreen shrub, Bixa orellana; the lipstick tree.
- The seed of this tree used as a colouring or in Latin American cooking.
- An orange-red dye obtained from this seed.
- E160b (when used as a food colouring)