Alder is a common hardwood in North America and it is apreciated for creating a fertile and luxuriant environment for surrounding plants life and animals. It is easy to recognize an alder tree thanks to its little fruiting body, which is called a strobile. Usually, tea is made from leaves and tincture from bark.
Used plant parts
Bark & Leave.
Common alder, black alder, European alder, European black alder.
Main use: Infection.
- Oral mucosa infection
- Sore throat
black alder (countable and uncountable, plural black alders)
- (countable, uncountable) A tree (Alnus glutinosa), of many practical uses, growing in moist conditions in Europe.
- (uncountable) Wood or other product of the tree.
- American winterberry, Ilex verticillata.
- (Alnus glutinosa): European black alder, common alder, English alder, European alder
- Irish fearnog
- sticky alder
- black alder winterberry (Ilex verticillata)