Categories: Amazon Rainforest Medicine, Ayurvedic Medicine, Essential Oil, Food, Homeopathic Medicine, Medicinal Plant, Oil, Powder, Tea, Tincture, Traditional African Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine
« Back to Glossary Index
From Spanish cacao, from Classical Nahuatl cacahuatl.
- (UK) IPA(key): /kəˈkɑːəʊ̯/, /kəˈkeɪ̯əʊ̯/, [kəˈkʰɑːəʊ̯], [kəˈkʰeɪ̯əʊ̯]
- (US) IPA(key): /kəˈkaʊ̯/, /kəˈkeɪ̯oʊ̯/, [kəˈkʰaʊ̯], [kəˈkʰeɪ̯oʊ̯]
- Rhymes: -aʊ
cacao (countable and uncountable, plural cacaos)
- A tree, Theobroma cacao, whose seed is used to make chocolate.
- This tree's seed, the cocoa bean.
- Cacao yellow mosaic virus