Kalo, Elephant Ear,
Categories: Amazon Rainforest Medicine, Andean Ancestral Medicine, Ayurvedic Medicine, Food, Medicinal Plant, Powder, Traditional Chinese Medicine
« Back to Glossary Index
Borrowed from Maori taro. Doublet of kalo, from Hawaiian.
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈtæɹəʊ/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈtɛɹoʊ/, /ˈtɑɹoʊ/
- Rhymes: -æɹəʊ
- Homophone: tarot
taro (usually uncountable, plural taros)
- Colocasia esculenta, raised as a food primarily for its corm, which distantly resembles potato.
- Synonyms: colocasia, elephant ears
- Any of several other species with similar corms and growth habit in Colocasia, Alocasia