Categories: Essential Oil, Food, Medicinal Plant, Oil, Powder, Tea, Tincture, Traditional African Medicine
« Back to Glossary Index
From the 1610s, a compound of water + melon.
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈwɔːtəˌmɛlən/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈwɔtəɹˌmɛlən/
watermelon (countable and uncountable, plural watermelons)
- A plant of the species Citrullus lanatus, bearing a melon-like fruit.
- The fruit of the watermelon plant, having a green rind and watery flesh that is typically bright red when ripe and contains black pips.
- (derogatory, slang) An environmentalist with socialist leanings (from the similarity to the fruit, being green on the outside, and red (Communist) on the inside).
- A pinkish-red colour