Hives are an allergic skin response during which cells release histamine and other inflammatory compounds. These compounds cause small blood vessels in the region to flow and this causes the elevated patches of skin – somewhat round in shape. There might just be one or there may be several red patches. They last from a few days. They may be white, pink or red and are itchy. They may also burn or sting. If the allergic reaction involves other elements of the body there might be a wheeze and difficulty in breathing, swollen lips and lips and basic flushing. This may be a severe allergic situation and medical assistance has to be searched immediately.
Our bodies are equipped with an immune system that’s intended to recognize harmful substances that enter our blood stream or organs. The harmful chemical or germ enters our bodies and the immune system reacts via a system of plasma proteins known as immunoglobulins – these search out and destroy the intruder. This is a complicated process with many steps involved. During the procedure the cells release histamine and other substances that cause the familiar allergic symptoms – itching, swelling, hives or coughing and so on. In the lungs these compounds can lead to muscle spasms, which in turn narrows the air passages which makes it tough to breathe.
To have this allergic reaction our systems must first be primed – become sensitive to the allergen. One or more experiences with the allergen are required before the sensitization develops. The first exposure’programs’ our immune system to recognize and respond in a particular manner when limiting the allergen. Subsequent exposure leads to the allergic reaction.
The factors that trigger an allergic reaction could be diverse and may include:
- Grasses and other crops
- Insect bites
- Food additives and certain foods
- Any of a huge range of chemicals found in the air, water and normally from the surroundings
- Animal dander, etc.
System is already congested with unsuccessful efforts to clear waste from the tissue an allergic reaction can attest. Some individuals are genetically predisposed to generating considerable amounts of histamine. Stress will also play its role with the majority of conditions. When the body is in a relaxed condition many cases of inflammation in the tissues can be prevented.
All the recommendations for hives and other allergic reactions are directed at improving general health and vitality. This is accomplished by eliminating toxins from the body, making certain that a wholesome eliminative diet is consumed, the body gets the nutrients that it needs to heal and gain equilibrium.
However, the first place to begin is to remove the offending material from contact or entry to the body. If the allergen problem is food or food additives, as an instance, it’s essential that the foods be removed from the diet. If the issue is dust or moulds or pollens it’s essential for these to be removed – so that the immune system has an opportunity to rest and recover its equilibrium.
- Follow safe colon cleansing fundamentals – this means that the entire body – including the immune and lymphatic systems will be cleansed and this is an effect way to aid the body to regain a balanced immune system.
- The diet has to be based on salads, vegetables, fruit and a moderate amount of protein intake. It’s particularly critical for whatever that inhibits the immune system and congests the lymphatic system has to be eliminated from the diet. This implies all sugars, dairy products, fatty food, all procedure and processed foods and fatty foods. Eliminating these foods will also supply the body with the opportunity to start eliminating toxic material. This will start to let a rebalancing of the immune system.
- In addition to eating a healthy diet it’s necessary to supplement the nutrients which are consumed so that there are lots available for the healing procedure. The nutrients that are required can be obtained from a great multivitamin and mineral supplement. Specifically vitamins C and the B group vitamins are required.
- it’s also important to limit the toxic load that the body needs to deal with as much as is possible. This means stop smoking, avoid alcohol, reduce or remove the chemicals that are used in and about the home, use organic foods etc.
- There are two groups of herbs that will give assistance. Those cleansing the liver and the ones that cleanse the lymphatic system. Herbs for cleansing the liver are: Dandelion, Milk thistle, Burdock, Centaury.
- Fringe shrub Herbs for cleansing the lymphatic system are: Red clover, Burdock, Cleavers.
- Violet leaves along with the liver and lymphatic herbs the following may be helpful. The following can be made as a tea and then applied as a compress to the affected area.
- Liquorice (licorice) has anti-inflammatory and anti-allergy properties. It functions in similar ways to cortisol – the bodies own anti inflammatory hormone. In addition to using liquorice internally as a tea it is also possible to use the tea into the affected skin with a clean cloth three or four times every day. Know about the issues associated with liquorice prior to using it internally.
- Chamomile is also an anti-inflammatory you could take internally in addition to applying the tea into the hives three or four times every day. You could even use it in a lukewarm bath. If you’re allergic to other members of the daisy family you might also be allergic to chamomile.
- Diluted, distilled witch hazel can be used externally to ease the itching.
– 4 tablespoons chamomile
– 1 tbsp licorice
– 1 tsp ginger – 1 tsp rosemary
– 1 teaspoonful turmeric or 1 tbsp curry powder
– 3 cups water
Place the herbs into a medium saucepan and add the water. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 10 minutes. Strain and allow to cool. Place on a gauze cloth and apply to the affected area. Refrigerate any left over for later use.
Hives are an allergic skin reaction that cause elevated patches of skin. There might just be one or there may be several red patches. They’re one of a selection of ailments that indicates hypersensitivity of the immune system. The underlying issues that have lead to the hypersensitivity and allergic reactions will need to be addressed – as well as providing immediate relief in your skin inflammation.