Fall has just begun and it is apparent that cold and flu season is upon us. Why are some people more vulnerable than others? While doctors aren’t really sure, experts say it might have something to do with resistance and immunity levels of each person. Moreover, you might choose to follow a few easy tips that might help keep you healthy!
Good to know
There are no claims that these approaches can actually improve immune health or completely protect you from seasonal influenza, but there’s sufficient scientific research data which reveal these may help build resistance. Many recommend chocolate or supplementing your diet with extra nutrients. You might wish to consider these methods as they don’t have side effects and reveal potential to improve the immune system.
Tips to Boost Immunity
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes per day, five days per week. A brisk walk in the morning or evening might help get the flow system going and improve the functions of organs of the body. Exercise will help to increase the serotonin levels and joyful men and women are known to have better immune health.
- Get enough sleep! This creation suffers from more sleep problems than any other. Many people revert to sleep aids or sedatives to get a great night’s sleep. During sleep your body recuperates in the day’s damage. Because other functions are running in stand-by manner your body can concentrate on building and detoxification of new cells. Sleep helps to prime the immune system so that it’s in top form to work again the following morning.
- Drink a lot of water. Keep yourself hydrated.
- Antioxidant-rich foods are thought to stimulate immune functions. Eat plenty of foods rich in Vitamins A, C and E. These are the three antioxidant vitamins. Orange juice, tomatoes, carrots are a few foods which contain these vitamins.
- Eat 5 to 6 servings of fruits and vegetables daily. Make your plate colorful with an assortment of foods. Apples, cranberries, strawberries, kiwis, green vegetables with deep green colours add health and spice to life.
- Eat a daily dose of yogurt for probiotics intake. Probiotics assist the functions of the digestive tract. Some people today say that 80 percent of immune depends upon the healthy functions of the digestive tract.
Drink Cacao Tea
- It took quite a while for scientists to detect it, but now research shows that pure cocoa is rich in antioxidants and other health benefits. Pure cocoa indicates a strong link to the body’s immune functions. Apparently, cocoa will help to stimulate the production of white blood cells. You’ll find products such as chocolate , have high antioxidant value. Pure cocoa also helps to increase serotonin levels. Serotonin, also all know, is the feel-good hormone. Try cocoa tea to enhance your mood and your immunity!
- Green tea, a non-fermented type of tea, is full of antioxidants and reveals virus-fighting properties. A mix of ingredients in chocolate is thought to help boost immune health.
- Resveratrol, a phyto-nutrient, found in red grapes is also an antioxidant and is thought to have anti-vital, anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties. Red wine contains resveratrol but you may need to drink several glasses of red wine to acquire enough resveratrol to gain health. Look for chocolate tea products which contain resveratrol.