Upper respiratory infections like colds and flu often come with infection and inflammation of the sinuses. Symptoms can include severe headaches, earaches, dizziness, toothaches, facial pain, pressure in the head, a reduction of the ability to smell, fever, a stuffy nose and a good deal of mucous discharge. Even when you feel like your sinuses are clear, there may be residual symptoms of sinus infection hiding deep in your sinus cavities. This residual infection can compound over time and lead to serious chronic inflammation and deliver a continuous load of free radicals through your body over an extended period of time. This can greatly contribute to many chronic degenerative conditions.
The gentle but potent action of healing essential oils may work wonders with chronic sinus conditions in which other therapies, especially antibiotics, don’t produce results. With the involvement of your health care professional.
- If started early enough, steam inhalations with a few drops of Eucalipto radiata, Árvore de chá, Myrrh, Alfazema, Limão, breathed deeply through the nose, can sometimes prevent upper respiratory infection from spreading into the sinuses.
- At that the first symptom of sinus distress start running your cold-air diffuser in a steamy room (during your shower) once or twice per day.
- You can place a drop of essential oil in your humidifier. It disinfects the water while it is helpful to disinfect your sinuses and lungs.
- Put a few drops of one of those respiratory oils to boiling water, place a towel on your head and inhale. Put more drops in as the odor disappears. Continue for approximately 10 minutes.
- Throughout all of the phases of your cold, continue to irrigate your sinuses with a mild saline solution and an extra hint of Tea Tree oil. You can set a pinch or two of salt in a bowl and then place one drop of Tea Tree down the side of the bowl. Wipe off at least half of this fall so that you get just a hint of Tea Tree from the solution. Add about a fourth of a cup of warm water and sniff the solution up each nostril. You can use a Neti pot to achieve the same thing. Just place a very small amount of Tea Tree from the solution. It will work wonders to help clean out your sinuses. If that you have a water jet oral irrigator such as a Hydrofloss using a very low setting, it can be used to take this option high in the uterus and help reduce the difficulties associated with migraines.
- If your sinuses become painful during the day, you can try placing a drop of these oils in a tissue and breathing . Or you can place a drop of these oils in the palms of your hands. Cup your hands over your nose and mouth and breathe deeply.
- To assist with pain from sinus headaches, rub a few drops of undiluted Peppermint ou Incenso on each temple. Keep the oils away from the eyes.
- For rapid temporary relief from a stuffy nose, mix a drop of Peppermint in a teaspoon of honey and maintain the mix in the back of your mouth until the vapors rise through the nasal cavities in the back of your throat.
- Breathe 20 drops of any of these respiratory essential oils diffused at a cold air diffuser through the night while sleeping, particularly Eucalyptus radiata or any of the four respiratory blends (Aspire, Breezy, Mariah or Stefanie).
- Until you feel completely back to normal, make sure you increase the amount of water that you drink daily using a drop of oil in it. Try Manjericão, Peppermint, Lemon, or Spearmint. Avoid mucous-producing foods such as dairy, highly processed foods, white bread and all sorts of sweeteners. You’ll never permanently rid yourself of chronic sinus issues unless your diet is healthy. Even that the best use of essential oils can’t conquer the overuse of highly processed foods with lots of added sugars and empty starches.
- After your symptoms have cleared up, keep your best remedies for an additional 10 times to be certain that the cleansing is heavy and complete. If you cease these habits too soon, the infection or inflammation my return or move elsewhere in the body and perform more serious damage.
- I always recommend taking essential oil capsules to help remove the serious and frequently lingering effects of any infection in the body.