People in developed countries like Europe and the USA are in need of body detoxification more than you may suspect. Many of the foods we consume are loaded with additives and several vegetables are grown beyond the country with pesticides which are not really healthy for you. The air we breathe and our overall environment is also full of toxins.
There are a number of ways to detoxify the body, such as eating foods that are salty, fasting for many times and using herbal detoxifiers.
Herbs are some of the most wonderful and medicinally useful plants in nature. They’ve been used for centuries in Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) and are still widely utilized in modern times for many different ailments and health conditions.
If you like the concept of using herbs that naturally detoxify the body, you need to take a look at the following list of herbal remedies which have a long history of efficacy against body toxins. One note: you can not use herbs to counteract the effects of a poor diet. You will need to eat healthy, unprocessed foods to grow the detoxifying herbs.
Many of these herbs have been shown to detoxify the body for centuries, primarily in Chinese medical circles. They’ve been used in many diverse cultures all around the world. Some have experienced research studies to back up their efficacy in handling many distinct symptoms.
Herbs you should try
- Dente-de-leão. The whole dandelion plant is a detoxifying herb. It helps keep the body hydrated and can be used to regulate the bowels. The root is particularly great for detoxifying the liver. Some herbalists feel that dandelion is also excellent for improving the efficacy of the immune system.
- Milk thistle. This herb has been used for over two millennia to assist the gallbladder function better. Bile is produced in a larger amount and this helps digestion. The liver can be helped with organic milk thistle. When we digest , our gut and the rest of the body is detoxified to a larger extent.
- Acacia gum. This is a product made from the sap of an acacia tree and has been used for centuries as an agent against diarrheal symptoms. It bulks up the stool and helps improve the absorption of electrolytes. It’s sometimes added to other herbal remedies to help them work better.
- Wormwood. Wormwood has recently been reinstituted in the USA after a brief ban since it had been used to make absinthe. In medical folklore, it’s been proven to help digest foods better, while ridding the body of infections from worms such as roundworms and pinworms.
- Cilantro. Cilantro is one herb which can be sprinkled in sauces and salads to be used for detoxifying the body. It notably rids the body of poisonous heavy metals found as contaminants in water and food. There are many recipes out there which include cilantro as one of its components and you can search the internet for them. It has the capacity to draw out toxins from the liver and other cells for improved health.
- Black walnut. Black walnut comprises three active ingredients, juglone, iodine, and tannins. This nut is used as a natural defense mechanism against disease, as a fighter against harmful organisms and as a means to prolong life through better health. It’s been used mostly in Europe since the 17th Century.
- Peppermint. Peppermint is naturally soothing and helps the body fight off cough from colds and flu in addition to sinus irritation and sore throat. It fights off undesirable organisms and functions as a lung detoxifier.
- Alfalfa Leaf. Alfalfa leaf acts primarily against infections. It helps stimulate the appetite and can help heal ulcers of the stomach. It’s been proven to be a beneficial herb for centuries.
- Stinging urtiga. This is an all-encompassing detoxifying herb that resists bacteria, helps reduce blood pressure and acts as an antioxidant.
- Eucalipto. This is an herb that may help detoxify the lungs through better expectoration, anti-viral properties, and antibacterial properties. It’s used topically as an ointment which could decrease chest congestion and stuffy noses.