Two weeks ago I picked up some flu bug. Initially I thought it was just a 24 hour thing, but here I am two weeks later still coughing and sucking Limão Halls. I could not have survived these 2 weeks without lemons… lemon cough drops, lemon juice, and lemon water.
Besides being an excellent source of Vitamin C, which we all know travels throughout the body neutralizing any free radicals both inside and out the cells. I can not say that without imagining a super hero in red spandex, a mask, and lasering his radical enemies.
Lemon also contains Vitamin B, Riboflavin and Minerals, Proteins, and Carbohydrates. Did you know that a daily consumption of lemon juice has many advantages?
Benefícios do limão
- Aids Digestion.
- Blood purifier and cleansing agent.
- Cure for gout,
- Anti-aging to skin
- Is a cooling agent for burns
- Breath freshener
- Fights throat inflammation
- Great for weight loss
- helps control blood pressure
- Assists in breathing problems, such as asthma
- Reduces Stress
- Removes the cebola odour out of your hands if You’re cutting onions
- Removes toxins and boosts your energy
Lemons? Make Lemonade!
Lemons are famous for their tart tangy flavour, so when life isn’t too sweet, it means you turn your situation into something good and positive. As Ken always says, hard times simply build character.
Life hasn’t been good to him, he was the forerunner for heart disease in his family, having his first heart attack at age 42. After his cardiac arrest, the cardiologists told me he wouldn’t live for 5 decades. Happily he proved them liars, as he’s still going strong 18 years after that event. The reason is due to his positive outlook, (and me of course!)
When I was a teeny bopper, there was a product named Lemon Go Lightly by Clairol. You sprayed it on your hair, then went out in sunlight. It would give your hair some natural sun kissed blonde highlights. Well, I remember one summer a woman friend and I would spray our hair and lie in sunlight behind their water home. A couple weeks after we went to see my sister who had been a hair dresser. She didn’t comment on how glowing or sunlight kissed my hair looked. She asked, “what did you do to your hair?” I clearly remember hearing the words “brassy” and “orange,” not exactly what I had been wanting to hear. That summer I dyed my hair for the first time.
When someone says the word lemon, do not you just conjure up images of the sun, white linens on the clothing line smelling fresh, a home sparkling clean with a hint of citrus in the air?
I remember mother having pots with copper bottoms. To clean the copper bottom we’d squeeze lemon juice on the bottom of the pot, and wash it with some salt. Her copper bottom pots came clean like new. Lemon and salt will remove stains from other surfaces like marble counter tops also.
Simmer a pot of water with slices of lemon to make your home smell clean and fresh.
Essential Oil Of Lemon
- Interesting Tidbit: Did you know it takes 3,000 lemons to produce 1 kilo of lemon essential oil?
- Because lemons have numerous health benefits, there’s a vital oil you can use. Some of the advantages I listed above, but a couple of others are:
- Lemon oil has the capacity to stimulate the immune system and to increase the production of white corpuscles. This can be valuable in treating external wounds and infectious diseases.
- Lemon can also be hemostatic, great for minor injuries, tooth extraction and nose bleeds. For nosebleeds, soak a small pad of cotton batten in distilled Lemon Oil and insert it in your nostrils.
- Lemon is a potent bacteriacide. A Dr. Valnet, cites research that has demonstrated that the essential oil will kill diphtheria bacilli in 20 minutes and even in a very low dilution (0.2percent ) will make tuberculosis bacilli completely dormant.
- Lemon Oil can also be valuable in treating boils and spots, and will remove wars and corns. Use undiluted daily and cover with a bandage, leave uncovered at night.
- Lemon Oil spray also alleviates depression.