Beauty is skin deep. It’s where it begins. If you care for yourself by eating healthy, then your skin will show it. When you have lousy eating habits, that may show on your skin too. There are a whole lot of great natural skin care products on the market, but often it means spending quite a lot of money. There are other economical ways to do the same with components found in your kitchen and pantry. Before I tell you how you can use ingredients found in your kitchen, let us look at a few other factors that may lead to wrinkles and make you appear old. Plus, some beauty tips on fixing them.
Things that Make You Look Older and the Fixes
- The older you are, the less elastic your skin becomes. So sleeping on your face isn’t a perfect sleeping position. One night of sleeping on your face is not likely to cause wrinkles, but sleeping that way for quite a few years will. The ideal place is sleeping on your back as sleeping on your side may also lead to wrinkles.
- Drink water every day to moisturize your body. Your body is composed mainly from water so it is sensible to replenish water. How much is enough? It makes more sense if you divide your body weight by two and then drink half of the quantity of your body weight in ounces. For instance, if you are 170 lbs, you will need to drink 85 oz of water daily.
- Always remove your make-up at night. The last thing you need is clogged pores and it is just plain awful.
- If you smoke, stop! It’s horrible for your skin, teeth, fingers, breath. . .need I say more?
- Use sunscreen on your face with at least a SPF 15. There are lots of facial moisturizers have that SPF inside so it does not feel heavy or feel as if you’ve got sunscreen on.
- Wear hat or sunglasses to stop to shield your eyes from the UV rays.
- Exfoliate your skin frequently to get rid of dead skin and to stimulate new skin cell growth.
- Get sufficient sleep to prevent dark circles or bags under your eyes. When you are tired, your skin also appears tired and lifeless.
- De-stress by exercising, meditating or anything you do to unwind. Exercising gets your blood circulating and gives you a healthy glow. Find a while to relax.
- Don’t exaggerate your facial expressions by creating frown creases on your forehead, raising your eyebrows or squinting. Also, don’t rest your chin in the palms of your hands or place your hand against your face to hold your head up.
Not everyone is able to go to the spa frequently. . .at least I can not! No problem! There are frugal ways that you can have your very own little spa days at home. Below are a few simple ways to use honey and a few things from the kitchen pantry to make some homemade and fabulous anti-aging masks
Honey has many advantages when used on skin. It’s an antioxidant and anti-microbial; it may treat minor discomforts and sun burns.
To make a face mask with honey you can use it independently, a combination of those ingredients. Puree or blend the ingredients into a smooth or consistent paste and use it to clean skin. You could also add 1-2 drops of essential oils or finely chopped herbs such as mint, cinnamon, sage, nutmeg, parsley and etc.. Leave the mask on anywhere from 5 – 60 minutes and then wash off with cool water. Tip: You may also use a little bit of extra virgin olive oil to moisturize.
Homemade Honey Face Masks
Use 1 tbsp of organic honey with any of these:
For Dry Skin
- Plain yogurt
For Oily Skin
- Farinha de aveia
- Maçã e Sábio – Good for acne also
- Egg yolk. Use egg white to tone and tighten your skin. It’s very good for normal to oily skin.
For All Skin Types
- Pepino e Amêndoa Butter
You can also use milk, brown sugar and honey as a gentle exfoliator.There are quite a few different combinations of face masks you can make at home. Don’t forget to test first because you do not want end up with any allergic reaction that could happen.